Commercial Diving and Underwater Welding Jobs
In order to find commercial diving and underwater welding jobs, you must first complete an approved commercial diver training program.
Preparing for a job as a commercial diver begins on the first day of training
The first course you take at National University Polytechnic Institute teaches you all about the commercial diving industry, the various career paths, and the environment you will work in when working for offshore or inland companies. We continue to help you develop an understand of these environments so you have a good idea what to expect when you graduate.
During the program, we provide students with a class on building resumes and teach you what employers are looking for. Our graduates have been very successful finding work after graduation, a lot of that has to do with how you present yourself on the resume and your performance during the interview.
We conduct mock interviews with students to prepare them for both phone and in-person interview with employers after graduation. We are dedicated to ensuring all of our graduates are prepared to find employment in the commercial diving industry and prepared to do the work as a qualified commercial diver once you get hired.
Employers are looking for applicants with the basic qualifications
- Completion certficate from an approved commercial dive school
- Association of Diving Contractors International (ADCI) entry level diver / tender card
- Basic Life Support CPR qualification card
- KMDSI Helmet Operator / User qualification
- Rigging qualification
- Divers Alert Network (DAN) First Aid for the Professional Diver card
- OSHA HAZWOPER certificate
Holding advances certifications provides graduates with greater opportunity for employment
Non-Destructive Testing Specialty
- Visual Testing
- Magnetic Particle Testing
- Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Ultrasonic Testing
Dive Medic Specialty
- EMT-B Certification (NREMT)
- DMT Certification (NBDHMT)