EMT School California
Looking for EMT Schools Fresno? National University’s College of Professional Studies offers an accelerated EMT Program in Fresno. There are two schedule options available, a 12-week day class and an 8-week night class. These classes are divided into two 4 or 6-week courses. During the course, students will learn the skills and knowledge to function as a working Emergency Medical Technician. The program is intended for those who wish to gain employment with a fire or police department, ambulance company, hospital, special event company, or specialized facility. To expedite a swift transition into the workforce or onto higher medical training, the EMT course is also designed to facilitate the passing of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) Exam.
20 River Park Place West
Fresno, CA 93720-1551
Scarlett Carlson, Fresno EMS Coordinator
Sign Up for an Info Session & Campus Tour
Fresno day classes:
*ALL 12 week courses: M, W, F from 9am-2:30pm*
FY20 program cohort dates:
- August 3rd, 2020 – October 23rd, 2020
- October 26th, 2020 – February 5th, 2021 (No class during winter holiday break)
Fresno night classes (NEW):
*Classes 8 week courses: M, T, W, TH (5pm-10pm).
FY20 program cohort dates:
- July 13th, 2020 - September 3rd, 2020
- September 28th, 2020 - November 19th, 2020
- November 23rd, 2020 - February 4th, 2021
$733.50 due at the beginning of each course / $1467.00 total
*Tuition includes NREMT Psychomotor Skills Testing
Many payment options are available to you at National University Polytechnic Institute, please call to discuss. 1-858-642-8600
The program is intended for those who wish to gain employment with a fire or police department, ambulance company, hospital, special event company, or specialized facility.
Completing EMT school, for those individuals who are planning on attempting to obtain a higher level of medical training such as Paramedic (EMT-P), Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Registered Nurse (RN), Physician’s Assistant (PA), or Medical Doctor (MD) provides an enhancement for the competitive application process for these professions.
EMT Schools Fresno | Admission requirements
1) Applicant must be at least 18 years or older on or before program completion.
2) Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent from a regionally accredited high school or adult learning program.
3) Applicant must have a current BLS CPR card certification at the Healthcare Provider Level or must purchase additional training during our program.
*For EMT admissions information watch this video.
- National Registry Psychomotor Exam
- Polo shirt, 2 class t-shirts, 168 hours of didactic instruction (classroom and laboratory), and 24-hours of clinical experiences (hospital/ambulance ride alongs)
- Access to the career center where employment-related services are available, including career counseling and resume/cover letter writing assistance
- E-Textbook, My Brady lab, EMSTesting.com
*National University-Extended Learning does not require students to hold medical insurance or have current inoculations during the program.
Why National University EMT School?
- National University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), signifying that credits earned during EMT hold academic weight and are transferable if desired
- The EMT program is recognized by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) and accepted across the nation at both state and local levels
- EMT program uses advanced adaptive computer-based testing technology to ensure students are better prepared and more confident for the National Registry exam
- Our staff instructors bring real-world experience and knowledge into the classroom
- EMT curriculum exceeds the standards set forth by the NREMT, National Emergency Medical Services Education Standards (NEMSES), and Title 22 for the State of California