How To Apply
Ready to apply for the Emergency Medical Technician Program?
Start by filling out our ‘Academic Certificate Programs’ application at www.nu.edu/el-apply.
After filling out your online application, you can call a Student Services Coordinator at 858-642-8600 to complete the next steps.
Step 1: CPR Card
- Our program requires a Healthcare Provider CPR card as a prerequisite for the program.
- If you do not have a card, you can either attain one before the start of the program or pay an additional $50 to certify through our program. We certify on the second day of class to better accommodate your schedule.
Step 2: Application Fee
- There is a $60 application fee to enroll in the EMT program. You can have this application fee waived if you are military affiliated, attend a campus tour or open house, or if you enroll by the priority deadline. The priority deadline is always set to the close of business one week before the start of a course.
Step 3: Confirm your enrollment
- Once your CPR card has been verified or paid for, and your application fee has been paid or waived, we will collect either a verbal confirmation at 858-642-8600 or written confirmation at email@example.com. This will allow us to enroll you into your desired program.
Transcripts can be submitted at any point during the admissions process.
- NUPI requires that students submit an official High School or GED transcript.
- Students who have attended college, regardless of how much coursework is completed, must submit an official transcript from every college attended.
- If you applied but never attended, you may still have to submit an official letter of non-attendance.
- Military members should submit a JST for any coursework completed through the military.
Financial Aid and Veteran Benefits will not be processed until all transcripts are submitted.
Students wishing to use their Veterans Affairs benefits can obtain information on how to apply by calling or visiting the Veterans’ Affairs Office
Financial aid to support your education is available for those who qualify. Available aid includes various grants, loans, and scholarships.